Saturday, March 12, 2011

February 24, 2011 – ZAWA – The Zambian Wildlife Authority

My last post was about poaching and several near and dear to me were worried about my safety. I promise I am safe. I want to stress that The Zambian Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) and Kasanka National Park are fighting poaching to their upmost ability and over the past several weeks several poachers have been apprehended. The Zambian Wildlife Authority is constantly working to improve the national parks in Zambia and protect the animals while also keeping the needs of the Zambian people in mind. In no way do my articles and posts intend to say otherwise. I do think it is important however, for all of us who are not directly involved in the day to day business of fighting poaching, to know the immense suffering that animals must bear to end up on the tables of those who find this meat a delicacy and help to fuel the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment