Monday, January 24, 2011

January 5, 2011 – New additions to our group


Today I spent my first morning with the baboons. Despite the rain showers last night they made it to a sleeping site close to camp and we found them before 6am. It was amazing to watch them wake p, groom, romp and play. I stayed back a bit so as not to alarm them. The seemed relaxed and not nervous of my presence. I will take a few days to approach them more closely. I saw two brand new white infants. They look like little balls of pink and white. We have some naming to do over the next few days with two new infants and two new immigrant males.
It is now the afternoon and we are preparing to go out again. Dark clouds are looming on the horizon. When the rain will hit we can’t be sure. I think we will stay a little bit closer to camp today J

No comments:

Post a Comment